Sadly I ran into the following issue during the installation:
Let’s hope, Microsoft can fix it. I created a new issue. Any ideas to get round this issue are highly appreciated.
Update 1 (2016-06-15):
After a recent chat with a Microsoft Software Engineer we were able to enclose the error. The error only happens on systems that don’t have SQL 2016 installed.
Update 2 (2016-07-20):
Today I tired the SQL 2014 SP 2 RBS.msi. I was able to test the connection. I’m not sure, if the 2014 RBS.msi is supported with SQL Server 2016 databases.
BTW. the 2014 RBS.msi is about one MB larger than the 2016 RBS.msi
Update 3 (2016-07-21):
SQL 2014 SP2 RBS is not compatible with SQL Server 2016.
There will be an further article about SharePoint 2016 and SQL 2016 RBS.
Update 4 (2016-08-09) – Solution
Today Microsoft published a new blog article focusing on the missing DLL issue. The SQL 2016 RBS installer needs the Microsoft ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server. You can download it here.
Sadly the technet article Overview of RBS in SharePoint Server 2016 isn’t updated yet: “Be aware that SQL Server Remote BLOB Store installation package for SQL Server 2014 is the only version of RBS that is supported by SharePoint Server 2016”.
During the last month I was building a new web application with an extensive user interface. There were no requirements focusing on the design. This decision was up to me. What now? I did not want to start from scratch.
I had used the Office UI Fabric in other projects before and was thrilled to get my hands dirty with the ngOfficeUIFabric Angular directives. I started with a simple form which implements few inputs. As the project grew more complex more input fields were needed. By now nearly each directive is in use.
Complex projects are the best test cases for new implementations. With that in mind I wasn’t surprised to find some issues with the ngOfficeUIFabric.
I started to address these issues at the github repo of the ngOfficeUIFabric project and was able to fix some of them myself. By now all of the initial issues I had are fixed.
Mikael Svenson experienced an issue with the uif-textfield directive in multiline mode. In my project the uif-textfield is by far the most popular one. When I saw Mikael’s issue I was glad to help, as I contributed on this directive before. In less than 24 hours the initial issue got resolved. Check out Mikael’s blog about the the awesome community.
After years of consumption, I am very glad to finally being able to contribute to this awesome community as well.
The Developer Dashboard is a part of the SharePoint On-Premise versions. I think this feature is one of the most forgotten and underrated. Especially in large farm deployments it offers a lot of functionality to identify bugs, errors, performance issues and bottlenecks.